Pages

Thursday, November 1, 2012

Finished Reading: The Perks Of Being A Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky.



It was a great read indeed, though I had such a painful time skipping through it because it contains some passages I don't like to read, but the whole thing is far from better. One do get something out of it if one is just being a "filter".

 Personally, I like to do some spiritual reflections from time to time while reading a book, and always thank God because I'm a Muslim girl and because I believe in God. Charlie got through hard times because he thinks that no one is there for him. He has not thought of God once, in the whole book (or he forgot Him .. I think there was something but .. I really can't remember), being there for him and never letting him down, so he did what he did and got what he got. 

But again I say that the book is really really really great, I even gave it 4.5 stars out of 5, and yeah! It desevres it!!

2 comments:

  1. I'd like to read it. Have you seen the movie? I'm a huge fan of Emma Watson, so I wanted to watch it but it has been in cinemas in Belgium a very short time and I've missed it... :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no I didn't see it, but I will, God Willing! And I do like Emma Watson too.

      Delete