Pages

Friday, November 16, 2012

Chapter 16: In Which I Write About My Favourite Book Turned Movie & Finished Reading "The Hobbit" By J. R.R. Tolkien!!



Since I finished reading "The Hobbit" and it turned up to be my favourite book turned movie, I have to write only one post that gathers the two "things".

What a read! Actually, this is my first adventure book ever in which I was introduced to the world of elves, dwarves (may their beards never grow thin), wizards, hobbits and all of this creatures who exist only in our imagination, and you may tie to the fact that this novel made me fond of this kind of books. Well this story is about this one Hobbit, Mr. Bilbo Baggins, who has a Tookish side (adventureous side), and was, up to the unexpected visit of the dwarves, living a Baggins, tranquil, calm life, and having his six meals a day, including tea at four. Then came Gandalf to make him join a group of thirteen dwarves, to be their lucky number and lead a dangereous adventure, which he went to without knowing why: in fact his Tookish self (Took is the name of his mother's family which members were famous of being adventureous hobbits) was taking over him. And yeah! J. R. R. Tolkien, may his novels be more loved by every one, is really and officially one of my most favourite authors!! Can't wait to read The Lord Of The Rings trilogy, and watch this book's movie (God Willing)!

8 comments:

  1. Ok, one thing: READ HARRY POTTER.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, one thing: THAT I WILL (GOD WILLING), just give me some more time!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tolkien is my favorite author ever; I am so excited for the film too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have finished the book yesterday and the review shall be up over my blog by tonight :) .

      Delete