Pages

Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Top Ten New To Me Authors I Read in 2012!!


Hello again with the "Top Ten Tuesday" which is "an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish". So the authors in question are:

 

 

 

1-Lucy Maud Montgomery who became one of my favourite authors, since her writing style is so adorable and her good humour is but to be cherished.

 

 


2- J. R. R. Tolkien, he also became my favourite author after reading his splendid novel " The Hobbit".



3- A. A. Milne, I love him and his "Winnie the Pooh"!!



4- Elizabeth Gaskell, I just finished her novel "North and South", and she's my favourite author also!!



5- Henry James, discovered him through "Daisy Miller", and how I'm fond of his writing style!!



6- Deanne Gist, I don't generally read books that are written by "new" authors, but Deanne's book has captivated my attention, and she deserves every respect!!

 



7- Danielle Steel, what I like about this author is the inspiring way she writes her romantic novels.



8- Daphne Du Maurier, I just discovered that she was a beauty, but her books are worth being read too!!

 

 

9- Charles Dickens, I read his "Great Expectation", and I'm going to read every novel written by this great author!! (God Willing)



10- Wilhelm and Jacob Grimm, I think they both contributed in writing their famous Fairy Tales, and I love them!! 



Those were the authors that I discovered this year, and I think they are the majority of the authors I know, for I am but a beginners in the world of reading English books (I was always a book lover, but I've read Arabic and French books, now I'm an English-books lover). Hope you enjoy the post, and HAPPY READING DEAR READERS!!

5 comments:

  1. I want to meet J. R. R. Tolkien; the happiness might kill me if this ever happened :) which is not going to happen :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. +JMJ+

    This is an impressive list! Like the last time you joined Top Ten Tuesday, I find myself pleasantly surprised by the entry that doesn't seem to belong. Not many people would rank Danielle Steele with the rest of these heavyweights! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well for me she's an author whom I discovered this year, and that's exactly why I listed her amongst them!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing the info, keep up the good work going.... I really enjoyed exploring your site. good resource...
    Lamps

    ReplyDelete