Pages

Sunday, December 9, 2012

Finished Reading: North and South by Elizabeth Gaskell!!


Read from September 30 to December 09, 2012 

 

Love it!! How can I do otherwise!! The "North and South" on papers has nothing to do with the "North and South" on screen, but they both have something in common which is their ability of making me bewitched (positively). Margaret Hale is a strong yet soft maid, whose character has gained my entire love, and Mr. Thornton is just the kind of men whose ardent love will make one melt, and whose gentlemanly behaviour will get one's respect!! The whole thing is bitter yet sweet as one would meet some tragic events -and I acknowledge that the novel is so full of them- but then one would find rays of light here and there, at intervals that softens the harshness encountered before. So I recommend this book to everyone, you may find it boring at first, though I think you will be capable of loving it as your read progresses. I gave it five stars out of five on Goodreads!!


And, as usual, HAPPY READING DEAR READERS!!

2 comments:

  1. Lovely review and I am so eager to read North and South since ages. I shall put it on 13 in 2013
    (Classic books challenge)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Then you will have to give me your own opinion about it once your done with it, for I will be looking forward to your review!!

      Delete