Pages

Saturday, January 18, 2014

Read "Emily's Quest" By L. M. Montgomery!

Emily's Quest (Emily, #3)


Emily's Quest by L.M. Montgomery
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

With this book, I was able to figure out what Lewis's famous quote "We read to now we are not alone" actually means.

Emily is 20, and she realizes that she's in a painful, one-sided love with her childhood friend Teddy. Teddy is a famous artist now, and he seldom visits Blair Water. Her dearest friend Ilse is also in Montreal, building her successful career and our poor heroine found herself alone and distressed over her friends' neglect and had many white nights because of this. She has her own successful career of an author, but that was not enough to feel supported and balanced.

Emily's pains were so real to me that I wondered if Montgomery was describing her own, and so were all the characters of the book, in the back of my head they are real poeple who lived once in this world.

To sum it up, Lucy Maud Montgomery is, and will always be the one for me!


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment