Pages

Saturday, January 4, 2014

I Read "Emily Climbs" by Lucy Maud Montgomery.

Emily Climbs (Emily, #2)


Emily Climbs by L.M. Montgomery
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This second book, as the reader may predict, continues to tell of Emily's story of life.

Emily goes to high school in Shrewsbery, and does well there in terms of study. She meets up with friends and fiends, rejects many proposals of marriage (partly because of her dreams and ambitions, and partly because of being in love with here childhood friend), gets humiliated at times and had to bear poeple's dreadful injustice.
All in all, she's "got a bit of bitter worldly wisdom" as she had mentioned in her diary.

That, again, as I had said in my previous review of the first book, might sound very common, but it really is written in a style that will make you think you had never read anything like it before.

Well the novel cast its spell on me, and I think that anyone with a sensible taste (not that I accuse any reader of anything other than that) would indulge its monotonousness and only enjoy the beauty of its style and ideas.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment