Pages

Monday, November 25, 2013

Finished Reading "Life of Pi" by Yann Martel.



Read from October 14 to November 24, 2013

 

Yann Martel went through a lot to come up with a book that would attract the curiosity of a large number of readers, as he explained in his note, and he did a good job. He wrote his novel because he was told it would make him believe in God and it did. I mean how could Pi survive without God's presence and help?

The story is told by Piscine Molitor Patel (Pi), about his life in India, in the Pacific ocean and then in Mexico and Canada.

Back in India, he tells us about his Father being being a zookeeper, and some general information about different animals that are kept (or not) in their zoo, which I found so fascinating. One learns heaps of things about them in this book. We also learn about his interest in religions, as he becomes a faithful Muslim, Hindu and Christian at the same time.

Then he narrates his adventures in the Pacific ocean, which makes the most breathtaking and incredible story I've ever heard up till now. I am not going to say more about the story, because I would like you, readers, to discover it by yourselves.

This book reinforced my ideas about the existence of a caring God (which I never doubted Thanks to Him) He who protects us from the most unexpected and horrible things, and He who only provides what is better and good for us. The only thing we should do is to do what He ordered us: to believe in Him, always trust and be grateful to Him.

So the novel has totally achieved its goal in making me feel the presence of God, and I would recommend it to every living soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment